Best Video Editing Software to Represent Your Views to the World
Whether you are a professional video editor or an amateur, video is a comprehensive way to enjoy, share and create memories that can last forever. It hardly matters whether you are capturing life’s best moments via a smartphone or DSLR camera; editing of videos will only allow you to represent your views or thoughts after highlighting, enhancing with the world. Which video editor you use to deliver your final product is best determined byrequirements, the type of computer you own and of course your budget. With those choices in mind, we have listed down some of the best video editing software available today.
1. Final Cut Pro
Supported platforms: Mac only
FCP or Final Cut Pro is a premium software developed by Apple Inc. for Mac computers. The intuitive interface and timeline features are just perfect for post-production. It has got some powerful set of features.
More Salient Features:
- Customized window layouts to suit your style
- Easy to follow workflow with color coding and magnetic timeline
- Support for RAW videos and Rec. 2020 wide color space
- Best accelerated rendering feature to watch preview in real time
- Which footage was used can be checked with the help of timecode effect
- New browser for content and media surfing
- Instantly remove any effects and attributes added previously and much more
2. CyberLink PowerDirector 16
Platform: Windows only
- It’s an easy-to-use home video editing software with 500+ editing tools and effects. You will be able to create amazing videos in minutes!
- It has creation modes which ensures you spend less time learning and more time creating.
- Various effects like – Transition, Animated titles, PiP objects, Particle Effects, Color presets and much more are present to help make your videos quickly and easily.
- Supported formats and codecs comprises of MOV, MKV, H.264, FLAC and many more.
3. Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Platform: Mac, Windows
- It is the most sophisticated, user-friendly and feature-rich video editor that is also cross-platform, and offers huge number of output format choices for your convenience.
- Adobe’s Premiere Pro CC enables you to create visually stunning videos by accessing it virtually from anywhere.
- It also comes with some of the new features like audio remix, haze removal, video collage, enhanced face detection and adjustment layers focus.
- Windows 10 users you also get the touch-friendly interface that is complemented with the good old Organizer app to keep photos, videos etc. in a more searchable organized fashion.
- It gives the freedom to edit any media in its native format and create professional productions with brilliant color for film, TV, and web.
- Powers your Libraries, and connects your mobile and desktop apps to get your files wherever you need with CreativeSync
4. Corel VideoStudio Pro X10
Supported Platform: Windows only
- It is recommended for beginners with easy and simple interface
- Make your most appealing movies with VideoStudio Pro X10.
- Smart new features take routine editing tasks out of your way, freeing you to explore exciting new creative options
- Automatically detects audio and narration to keep foreground and background sound balanced with the help of New Audio Ducking feature
- Supportive features make it simple to manage clips, combine projects, and re-use custom filters and transitions.
- Create creative effects with new overlay objects, video masking, freeze frame and bonus effects from NewBlue.
- Learn about advanced editing techniques and access 6 weeks of free training from StudioBacklot.tv to get started quickly
- Proven 64-bit performance and supports multiple formats, including new XAVC S, Video Studio Pro X10 makes it fast and fun to create movies you’ll love to share.
5. Light Works
Platform – Windows, Mac, and Linux
More Salient Features:
- It is an EditShare Academy and Emmy award-winning, professional Non-Linear Editing (NLE) software supporting resolutions up to 4K as well as video in SD and HD formats.
- It has been used to edit some of the finest films in cinema history: LA Confidential, Pulp Fiction, Heat, Road to Perdition, The King’s Speech and many more!
- World class Trimming for fast precision editing
- Powerful, real-time effects with inbuilt presets
- Text Effects with Boris Graffiti
Editing a video in 2017 can’t get easier, with the latest technology and the new super-duper video capturing devices, the quality of raw footage has gone far better. Still, you should always polish your video skills if you want to impress someone. And if you are looking to become a professional video editor, then join a professional video editing institute which offers diploma and certificate courses in video editing. It is important to learn video editing because it is the key to blend images and sounds to make us feel emotionally connected and sometimes truly there in the film/documentary we are watching. With professional video editing training, you can create an emotion-evoking masterwork, and it can make or break your film, which is why it’s just as important to select the right video editor as it is to select the right camera equipment.